Use the iPhone’s Mail, Contacts, Calendar section of the Settings app to set up new e-mail accounts and add existing ones to your device, including your BellSouth e-mail account. Once added, you can use the default email app that is provided on your iPhone or any third-party email app that is available on the Apple App Store to send and receive emails from your BellSouth account.
- Set up your BellSouth email.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and select Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
- Touch Add Accounts under the Accounts heading.
- Select Other than Account Type.
- Tap to add an email account.
- Enter your name, BellSouth’s complete e-mail address, and password in the space provided.
- Enter the details of the BellSouth Mail server in the spaces provided. AT&T owns BellSouth, which is why it uses AT&T’s mail servers.
- In the Incoming Mail Server section, you will have to enter a few details such as ‘inbound.att.net’ in the Hostname and CustomerID@bellsouth.net fields. In the Username field, replace the Customer ID with your BellSouth customer number. Enter your account password in the Password field.
- In the Outgoing mail server section, type smtp.mail.att.net in the Hostname and CustomerID@bellsouth.net fields. In the “Username” box, replace “Customer ID” with your BellSouth customer number. Enter your account password in the Password field.
- Tap Next To let your iPhone check if your settings are working.
- Customize your email settings as per your personal preference.
Once you set up your BellSouth email account, it will take a few minutes for it to configure how the email app can send and receive emails. Open the App Settings and then, you need to tap ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’. Here, you will have to tap on your BellSouth email account, which you can find under the Accounts heading. On the following screen, you can configure a number of settings, such as: For example, how often your iPhone searches for new emails and how far you want to sync email messages from the server.
Other email applications
Although Mail is the native email app on iOS devices, the App Store on your iPhone offers a variety of downloadable alternatives. Once you download any third-party app, you can follow the aforementioned steps to configure your Bellsouth email on your iPhone.
In case, you have followed the aforementioned steps, yet not able to configure your email, then you should go online and search for the right steps from a genuine Bellsouth website, or you can directly get in touch with Bellsouth email experts to configure the email in the quickest possible way.