We all know that Bellsouth email has now partnered with AT&T communications. So, the user needs to open the AT&T webmail for sending or receiving the Bellsouth email account. If you are getting a problem in login into the Bellsouth account from the portal and getting an error code on the screen, then reset the password through the below-mentioned steps.
- From the computer, open a web browser and enter AT&T web URL in the address space.
- Once you opened the home page, click on the ‘Login’ button from the top corner of the screen. You will be directed to the AT&T login page.
- Here, you will find the ‘Forgot password link. You will find the ‘Account recovery’ page opened on the home screen. Now, you need to verify the identity by entering the captcha given in the box or the details asked.
- From the verification page, go to the ‘Radio’ button given next to the password. Enter the username and the last name to verify the identity.
Note: If you are using an untrusted device for resetting the password, then don’t click on the box given next to ‘Save the user ID’. This will help in protecting the credentials from being misused by third-person.
- As discussed in the previous step, you need to enter the captcha again in the next box before pressing the ‘Continue’ button.
- From the next page, you will find the two options to reset the password. Select any one of your choices and proceed further.
- Send me a temporary password.
- I will answer the security questions.
- If you want to get the temporary password on the email account linked to the BellSouth or the secondary email address, then select the first option.
- Enter the code once you receive it at the email address and follow on-screen instructions to reset the password. The whole process is discussed in simple language on the screen.
Note: If you have closed the window by chance and forget to enter the verification code on it, then nothing to worry about. Enter the same code on the AT&T email login page. From here, you can easily reset the password for the email account and start accessing the email again.
- If you find it difficult to receive the code on the secondary email address or the email address mentioned in the ‘Secondary address’ field is not accessible from your side due to the same password issue, then continue with the security questions and select the option accordingly.
- You need to answer a few questions which were configured during the setup.
- Read all on-screen prompts to reset the password.
After this, you will be able to access the Bellsouth email seamlessly without any flaws. For more information, you can visit Bellsouth Email.