Bellsouth email is one of the best email services provided by AT&T communications to its subscribers. The mail account is created for every user after subscribing to the services. You can pay the bill and fetch other important information through email.
Today, we will discuss the steps to configure Bellsouth email on apple mail. We have provided the complete instructions for the setup process. You must read the content diligently.
Adding a new account:
- Open the ‘Email app’ from the app folder.
- Go to the ‘Email app’ and select the ‘Preferences’ menu. Enter the details of your Bellsouth account in each field.
- Open ‘Account’ and click on ‘Add an account. Select the email service provider and if it is not available on the list, then add it manually.
- Click ‘Continue.’ Enter personal details like name, sex, address, and phone number.
- In the entire name field, enter the name, and this name will appear on the receiver’s screen when you receive any new message from your side. You can even change it later on if required.
- Email address: Enter the BellSouth email address in the field and @suffix.
- Password: This is an email password to log in to the account.
- You now have to configure the incoming as well as outgoing server settings of your Bellsouth account. If you need any help, you can stay in touch with the support team.
- Enter some settings in the incoming mail server box. For mail server address: Type.bellsouth.mobile.net.
- Username: Enter the complete email address along with bellsouth.com.
- Password: The password for the settings is the same as that of the account login. Enter the password carefully and adequately. Any false entry may put you in trouble.
Now, after configuring the incoming server settings, start with the outgoing mail server settings:
- SMTP server: enter mobile.bellsouth.net or mobile.att.net.
- Click ‘Next’ to go to the next step.
- Select the ‘Authentication’ method for your server. There is no provision to select multiple servers.
- Username: Enter the complete BellSouth email address and bellsouth.net as the suffix. If you don’t add it correctly, you will get an error message on the screen.
- Username: This is again the email address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password: Enter the login password of your Bellsouth email account. This is the last step for the mail setup.
In this manner, you can add Bellsouth email to your apple mail. We hope you find the steps useful for your device. If you need further support related to the server settings or SSL authentication, you can contact the experts available 24×7.